The Final Resolution of the participants of the Belarus Democratic Forum
The Final Resolution .pdf (71.2 КБ)
Appeal of the participants of the Belarus Democratic Forum to the people of Ukraine and the international community regarding military aggression by the Russian Federation
Ukraine Forum of Democratic Forces of Belarus.pdf (67.7 КБ)
Resolución final de los participantes en el Foro para las Fuerzas Democráticas de Bielorrusia
Spain.pdf (117.2 КБ)
uczestników Forum Sił Demokratycznych Białorusi
Rezolucja pol.pdf (67.1 КБ)
Today Belarus is experiencing an acute political crisis. Each resident of the country, regardless of political preferences, experiences its detrimental influence. Power in Belarus has no legitimacy, the fundamental human rights are violated, there are more than half a million of our compatriots in forced emigration. The destruction of Belarusian statehood occurs, the quality of life of the population is deteriorating. There is no way to conduct a fair, vocal and outright discussion about the country’s development routes, about resolving issues that concern citizens in Belarus.
Only citizens of Belarus themselves can solve the problems that are facing their country. Among us there are supporters and opponents of radical changes, adherents of gradual transformation, ideologists and conductors of punitive methods against dissenters. We all have our own opinion, however, we are united by Belarus, even if we differ in our political agendas.
Together we, representatives of various political forces, public and religious organisations, are able to develop a plan of how to get out of the crisis and prioritise actions. Public and national interests must rise above our differences or manifestations of xenophobia. What will be good for creation and prosperity is collective decision making, open discussion about the ways of development of the country to resolve accumulated problems.
Belarusian society needs to jointly find a way out of the difficult situation in which they found themselves. Only we, the citizens of Belarus, will be able to return the peace and consent to our country.
The forum is a public platform for finding ideas and developing proposals for resolving problematic issues. The agenda of the event is open for filling with informative sentences and topics.
Among the priority areas that should be discussed, recommendations developed and subsequently, resources for resolving issues found:
● the release of citizens in political prisons, or citizens who are kept in prisons for unreasonable accusations
● return of legality, including holding new parliamentary and presidential elections
● ensuring the freedom of movement of citizens, the exercise of the right to freely leave and return to Belarus
● the withdrawal of Russian troops from the territory of Belarus
● protection of the rights of citizens who are in Belarus and in exile
● sanctions policy and its effectiveness
● transparency of financing civil initiatives
● liability of persons suspected of war crimes and violence against the civilian population
● war in Ukraine, consequences for Belarus
Democratic forces should help citizens of Belarus at home and in exile not only in words, but in actions. How do we do it? How can we return the power to the people of Belarus?
1. War in Ukraine. Determining the responsibility and consequences of retracting Belarus into the war against Ukraine. Accepting recommendations on the issue of condemning war as an unacceptable way to solve any issues of international relations.
2. Political prisoners. Discussion about criteria for classification as “political prisoners”. Search for instruments for the release of political prisoners.
3. Sanctions. Discussion of the principles in accordance with which sanctions should be introduced and lifted, evaluation of their effectiveness. Reflecting on sanctions as an instrument of punishment, mechanisms for imposing ultimatum-based sanctions. Creating recommendations for Western countries in the direction of imposing sanctions. Creation of our own sanctions list of enterprises and individuals.
4. Political and war crimes. Discussion of the legal foundations for the punishment of citizens involved in certain types of crimes. Determining the principles and criteria, categories of persons who may be subjected to criminal prosecution. The adoption of recommendations for prosecution of judges and other law enforcement and judicial authorities, who did send to prison and gave time to people whose only crime was the fulfilment of their civil debt. Issuing appeals for international organisations regarding movement of existing cases in the courts system.
5. The legal status of citizens of Belarus in exile. Discussion about the problems of citizens of Belarus in exile. The development of recommendations for the EU on the unification of legislation regarding citizens of Belarus. Exchange experiences about solving the problems of Belarusians in various countries. Discussion of the “One window” service to resolve citizens’ issues. Discussion about the sovereign identification system as the basis of the digital country.
6. Business. The role of national business in political transformations. The conditions for business in exile, discussing the provisions on the amnesty of capital, a discussion of the principles of capital amnesty, in accordance with which those who have not paid taxes since August 2020 are exempted from liability.
7. Principles declaration. Development of a declaration of principles is a strategic document that defines ways to develop the state after a change of power. The adoption of the declaration will allow the Belarusian people to demonstrate a position on basic values: free open elections as the highest value, as the basis of the sovereignty of the Belarusian people, the liberation of political prisoners, the investigation of crimes against humanity. Creation of working groups in those areas.
8. Education, personnel, culture. Discussion of educational policy, training, preservation and development of national culture. Education received abroad.
9. Civil society. What kind of life Belarusians have today? What do they worry about? What are their concerns? How can we help those who are helping Belarusian citizens to solve their social problems at home and abroad? What are the important issues that should be discussed and resolved now? The interaction of diasporas. Criteria for supporting NGOs and media by funds and charity organisations. Recommendations for the creation of the Public Council of Support of Civil Initiatives. The activities of volunteer organisations and assistance to volunteer organisations. Communications with the EU. The proposal to return Belarus to the world agenda.